Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Quick Update

It's been a crazy couple of months.

After the SCBWI FL conference, I wrote another YA novel called Moneymaker that I really enjoyed writing and researching and can't wait to edit.

Then I decided that I needed some more income sources, so I've been writing freelance articles and blog posts. Some of them are fun. Some not so much. Let's just say I now know way too much about whole house water filtration systems. When my posts to the new blog I'm writing for go live, I'll definitely include the link in my bio. I'm super-excited about it because they're super-fun posts to write (Did I successfully convey my enthusiasm with my repeated use of "super"?).

I'm also gearing up for the farmer's market to start again in September so that I can start selling my homemade pet treats. I've had to get all my business things in order. They're actually amazingly friendly at the tax office--go figure.

For fun, I've been reviewing books for Kensington. I'll post the reviews to the blog once I figure out a seamless way to do so. I want them to be formatted nicely and not seem random.

Finally, I hope to get back to updating this blog more regularly, using some of the skills that I've learned. I have some ideas and hope to implement them soon! Stay posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment